Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 37: A Great Surprise

So today I had the nicest surprise: I came home from school and the very first thing I noticed were four HUGE bags of leaves from our yard. A few days ago I told Roy that I found the fact that we still had a ridiculous amount of leaves all over our yard embarrassing. So this morning he and Drew got busy...and our yard looks as it should. So much better! And then? There by our front door stood a Christmas tree. He was a busy boy this morning. It was a great surprise...so I quickly went down to the gym just as gymnastics was starting to let him know how much I appreciate that.

Secondly? I accomplished a ridiculous amount of work at school. I got a newsletter out (thanks to Landon), updated the database, receipted all of the donations that we've received from the phone-a-thon plus got out the thank you letters for those, and finished all of my lesson plans for the remainder of the semester. Feels SO good.

And thirdly? We have the nicest group of kids in our faculty family. They all get along nicely and they are just genuinely good people. So tonight we took them to Cold Stone and then Walmart. But the cool thing was how they befriended Jace. They included him in their conversations, asked him questions, hung with him...and he loosened up and was laughing and enjoying himself. These days that's rare--he is so insecure with people he doesn't know. But their kindness won him over and it means the world to this me. And Jace.

And the last thing I want to mention is that Beth A and Beth G asked me to sing with them at the Christmas weekend extravaganza. So I'm not a singer--I mean, I can harmonize. But pretty much it's only for me to hear...not anybody else. And these two girls have beautiful voices. So I am admittedly feeling insecure about the whole singing aspect. But? I am excited to practice; excited to spend time with two people that I genuinely like. I think it'll be fun. And if nothing else? I'll just say 'watermelon' and everybody will assume I'm singing. :)

It's 10:30, I'm tired, and I hope to get up at 5:50 am again as I love a whole hour to myself before life begins with a bang. So I'm off to bed... It's been a good day. :)

1 comment:

  1. Why aren't you blogging anymore? Aren't my comments enough to keep you going? I miss your blog! It gives me joy! Get back on the bandwagon, please!

    ReplyDelete

Diamonds Everywhere

I read a study recently that said that greatest single indicator of a long life well-lived is deep social connections. Of course, there are...