Thursday, November 22, 2012

Day 34: Thanksgiving

It's Thanksgiving today. :)

So what brought me joy today?

A husband who is willing to drive 200 miles one way on a road trip...without any help from me.

Adorable babies...and the fact that I no longer have adorable babies which translates into much more independence.



The movie The Notebook.

Delicious oh so yummy food cooked by Amanda--Roy's nephew's wife. It was genuinely fabulous.

Our road trip to Atlanta...and back.

The fact that we got home far earlier than expected: 7:00 instead of 10:00.

Lots of conversation and laughter and good times.

The fact that I called my friend Laurie at the very last minute to see if she (or one of her cute girls) could let Piper out while we were gone and she so very happily said yes. Love that.

It has been a good day.

1 comment:

  1. It was a good Thanksgiving here in Texas, too. Lots of good food - but not as much variety as usual but LOTs of quality, which actually translates into a better meal and less work. I LOVE that less work part!

    ReplyDelete

Diamonds Everywhere

I read a study recently that said that greatest single indicator of a long life well-lived is deep social connections. Of course, there are...