Thursday, January 24, 2013

January 24: Good Stuff

1) Today Roy and I drove Ricky to the airport as he's flying to Seattle to meet up with his family for a few days. And then afterwards we went to World Market as the Williams gave me a gift certificate there for my birthday. (So so sweet and generous...) Anyway, it was just so much fun meandering around that store as I haven't been there before. And then the icing on the cake is that they have this special curry paste that I LOVE but haven't been able to find since Missouri days! So yeah--that pretty much gave me lots of joy. So I bought a couple of jars which should last me quite some time. And then when I run out? I know where to find it. But the absolute best part was...everything I bought was paid for by a gift certificate. And that reminded of how generous and kind those Williams people are. I really do like them.

2) Tonight I went downstairs to finish cleaning the kitchen and such and realized that the trashcan was full to overflowing. So I gathered all of the trash together and had Jace carry it outside to the trashcan. Naturally he came back to report that it was full to overflowing so we had to take it to the dumpster at the dorm. Roy came down to help me and I assumed he would put it all in the trunk of the car as it's bitter outside. But no. He decided that we should take the trash to the dumpster in the golf cart. Why? So we could feel alive. And did I ever. Then when we got home it was a race to see who could get in the house first.

I won. (Thankfully he never reads these posts.)

3) I talked to Tami--my sister--for quite some time today. We haven't caught up in awhile. I always love our conversations. And while I'm on sisters? Lori got hired! Yay!!!!! That is spectacular news.

4) I got my google calendar set up for my students. So now I can always post assignments and due dates and such. Oh my goodness!!! I can't even say how exciting this is!

5) This afternoon when Jace came home from school, we were discussing how we all have negative issues that we have to deal with. He said, "What's my negative issue?" I said, "You're just so darned cute. Being so handsome can be a curse." He sighed and said, "Yeah. I know. But I guess I'll just have to learn to live with it." And then, of course, he gave me that sly grin.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, that Jace is so darned cute! You are blessed indeed to still have a 10 year old in the house. I'm missin' those days! Wow, you are really quite tech-y these days - setting up google calendar and all. Go you!

    ReplyDelete

Diamonds Everywhere

I read a study recently that said that greatest single indicator of a long life well-lived is deep social connections. Of course, there are...