Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 55: My Favorite People in the World

1) Highlight of today? The arrival of my friend Sue from Wisconsin. This girl and I go way way back. She's a true blue friend and I love her so much. She didn't get in until 8:00 in the evening but we stayed up laughing and talking until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. She's one of my all-time favorite people in this world.

2) Today marks the  beginning of break! Yay!!! Breaks are absolutely spectacular--and I am going to fill these days with lots of girl-time: movies, pedicures, late-night talk sessions, chai tea and relaxation all around. My favorite kind of days.

3) It rained and rained and rained today. I haven't seen rain like that in a forever. But I love rainy days. Who doesn't??

4) Roy and I took the car to the Toyota dealership to get the oil changed today. As we were in the waiting room, several people were in there with us and we all struck up a conversation--the state of our nation, childhood obesity, the financial crunch of the middle class...They were just good people who have the same concerns as all of us. I feel like I say this a lot, but I am constantly reminded of how similar we all are--we're all just people trying to forge our way in a world that can be difficult but beautiful, all at the same time.

5) Darian made it safely to Tennessee with her friend Miranda whom she is spending the night with. They went to Miranda's grandma's house and invited Savana for supper. I love that my girls love each other--they are each other's best friend. They are so different--yet very much alike intrinsically. When I meet someone that doesn't have girls, I always feel a little sorry for them as they just don't know what they're missing. I remember watching Little Women many years ago and the mom says to her daughters something about how "the world is a better place because of you". I thought that was the sweetest thing to say but now? I totally get it. This world is a better place because of my girls. I am so proud of them and they give me endless endless joy.

2 comments:

  1. I've always felt pretty sorry for myself that I didn't have girls - not that I don't want my boys - but that I wish I had girls, too! So i guess that's good that you do, too!

    ReplyDelete

Diamonds Everywhere

I read a study recently that said that greatest single indicator of a long life well-lived is deep social connections. Of course, there are...