Monday, January 21, 2013

January 20: Dirt Bikes and Banquets and Television

#1: Today Roy worked on Jace's dirt bike. Jace was so excited--helped Roy the entire time. But for almost two hours, Roy was stuck as one of the jets from the carburater (look at me talking about motorcycle parts!) was plugged and he couldn't figure it out. But then he got an ingenious idea and...whattayaknow...managed to unplug the jet and get it all back together. Roy absolutely astounds me with his mechanical abilities. It seems nothing is impossible for him and everytime I see him working and thinking and figuring when it comes to mechanical stuff, I stand amazed.

#2)Jace rode his dirt bike and figured out the gears. He's been so nervous about it as he has never had to shift before. But he rode in circles out in the field by our garage and was shifting all over the place. He was so proud, and watching this boy of mine? I was too.

#3) This evening was the banquet--Disney-themed. Academy banquets are just so much fun--seeing all of the kids dressed to the nines, incredible food, great atmosphere. Everybody is happy--good times. So many kids were dressed in genuine Disney outfits--Cinderellas and princesses and dwarfs. And Savana and Guerin came too--so pretty much it was just a great, great evening.

#4) Roy was called up on stage by the entertainment. He put this carrot in his mouth and they had twelve inch blade knives that they were juggling both in front of and behind him. It was funny, entertaining, hilarious. But the thing was, Roy is a big guy to me. He's solid and broad shouldered and ... I don't know ... he's just a big guy. But up there on that stage next to one of their guys who stands at about 6'4" and is genuinely a BIG guy...well--Roy looked small. It was weird--like being in another dimension. But he's just so funny and adorable to me. So big guy or little guy...I just love him.

#5) I've heard so much about this show Downton Abby lately. So today I started the series as I have the first season on Netflix. Oh. My. Goodness. It's like watching the Biltmore house here in Asheville come alive. I'm so excited about this show--I absolutely loved it. So Beth Grissom, thank you for the recommendation. You were absolutely spot on. :)

1 comment:

  1. You don't by any chance have Roy on video with those carrots and blades? I would love to see it!

    ReplyDelete

Diamonds Everywhere

I read a study recently that said that greatest single indicator of a long life well-lived is deep social connections. Of course, there are...