Monday, January 21, 2013

January 21: True Friends

1) Today I am thankful for true friends--friends who don't hold grudges. Friends who work out hurt feelings and misunderstandings. Today I am thankful for friends that communicate and are genuine. Something happened today that reminded me of how very blessed I am with true friends. They make all the difference.

2) And I am thankful for tacos. I made dinner tonight--tacos and seasoned rice. We all sat around the table and talked--the five of us plus Guerin. I love dinner around a table, yet it seems to be so rare these days.

3) I am thankful for google that taught me how to get oil stains out of clothes so that Darian can return a perfectly clean borrowed skirt. :)

4) I am thankful for cell phones so that I could call Ricky and find out where all of my ESL students are in the midst of the school day and so that I can call Savana as she travels back to Southern to make sure she's safe.

5) I am thankful for Beth A. who dropped in to say hello in the middle of the afternoon. She was a bright spot today--even though she only stayed a moment. But still...

1 comment:

  1. It is good to be reminded to be thankful. I'm not thankful enough. It can make all the difference in the world - so thanks for this reminder to be thankful!

    ReplyDelete

Diamonds Everywhere

I read a study recently that said that greatest single indicator of a long life well-lived is deep social connections. Of course, there are...