Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 52: How Quickly Things Change

1) We went to Sam's today for the monthly Sam's run and in the midst of the shopping adventure, they announced that their machines were down and we had to pay with checks or cash. Thankfully I had my checkbook so all was well. And then we stood in line for probably an hour. But here is the thing: I didn't even get annoyed. I really, honestly didn't. And I'm not applauding myself. It's simply the result of EBT. Love Love Love EBT. (And if anybody reads this--which probably nobody does other than my fam--they will have no idea what I'm talking about.)

2) My cabinets are filled to the brim. My refrigerator and little freezer are filled to the brim. We are so blessed to have so much--even when budgets are tight.

3) I made a huge bowl of grapefruit-orange. Oh my goodness. Scrumptious. I can't wait to dive into that! :)

4) Darian is home! I missed her and her stories and just her. While we were gone to Sam's she spent time with Jace. She's such a great big sister and he misses her so much when she's gone as well. Poor Jace. Next year will be difficult being an only child at home.

5) As we were coming from Sam's, just as we got by the church sign where we either go straight or go around a big curve, we heard loud screeching and a large truck tire bounced just in front of us, barely missing our car. It had flown off a truck that was screeching around the corner, sparks flying--and he barely missed us as well. He slammed into the ditch and we pulled to a stop to make sure he is was ok. He was shaken but fine. I'm thankful that he had his wits about him enough to keep that truck under control. And I'm thankful that we were unscathed by the whole ordeal. It just reminds me yet again of how quickly--in the blink of an eye--everything can change.

2 comments:

  1. EBT DOES make such a huge difference - so why am I so good at procrastinating doing it! I feel so much better - and act so much better. But, alas, I'm so not disciplined. And I'm so glad you all are safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to go ahead and make a statistic: Approximately 2/3 of your blogs contain a grapefruit/orange remark.
    It's okay.
    I understand.
    It really is THAT good.

    ReplyDelete

Diamonds Everywhere

I read a study recently that said that greatest single indicator of a long life well-lived is deep social connections. Of course, there are...