Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Day 53: Highlights
Here are the highlights of today!:
1) Jace was so excited to go to school. After a long three day weekend, he was ready to see his friends and have his life back. This gave me so much joy--it has been a long road to get where we are now, Jace and I and school.
2) My Ricky from ESL is leaving today. I am so sad to lose him as he has absolutely worked his way into my heart. But anyway, he's going to Seattle to live with a guardian and his little sister. So we--Ricky, Lisa, Michael and I--went to Dunkin' Donuts for ESL class as a last hoorah. It was fun--lots of laughter and talking. He will be greatly missed.
3) I drank chai tea this morning from my favorite mug. It's orange and says 'Wild Thing' on the side. Another gift from a Williams--Lillian. She is so beautiful and sweet and when I drink from that mug I always think of her. And it makes me smile.
4) Recently I bought oranges and grapefruit from the elementary school and the fruit always comes in this nice boxes. So Jace kept one of the lids and was playing in it in his room. This morning when I let Bella in, she immediately went to Jace's room, saw the box, and climbed in and curled up. She has spent her day in that box. It's rather cute.
5) I am going to bed before 10:00. I am taking my Nook and reading myself to sleep: definitely one of my all-time favorite things.
I read a study recently that said that greatest single indicator of a long life well-lived is deep social connections. Of course, there are...
I don’t have great hair. Never have. My hair is fine and blonde and thin. I have to work hard to make my hair look decent or else it sticks...
When Roy and I found out we were moving to Texas, we began diligently searching Trulia and Zillow and realtor.com. You know...house hunting....
In quiet moments when I am just hanging out, or taking a break, I resort to social media. I can mindlessly scroll for hours. It annoys ...