Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day 64: Great Moments

Today I am grateful for:
1) Darian has decided to go back to Missouri as a magabook leader. I think she will be nothing short of spectacular and I am so so glad that she's chosen this path. It has been a rather long decision-making process but Charity gave her a deadline and so tonight she had to make the final call. Once the decision was made, she was so relieved...and so so excited. I can't help but feel a twinge of sadness as I know this girl of mine is going to leave this nest and fly. I'm not sure where life will take her, but my bet is...it will be extraordinary. She is one amazing kid and I am so so proud. :)

2) I made banana bread this evening. I haven't done that in awhile but six bananas were wasting away on the counter and I felt productive so...I pulled three loaves out of the oven at 9:40. YUM!! (And? I made grapefruit orange........ :)  I shared some of both with those adorable Anderson people.

3. We had a class discussion today on Romeo & Juliet as we have officially finished the play. I intended for it to be about ten minutes of classtime, but as it turned out, they talked for over 20 minutes. They were respectful of each other and everyone participated--Everyone. So I just let it go. Those kids do amaze me.

4. I had a long talk with Philip this evening in the cafeteria as I was leaving to come home. He is such a genuinely great guy and it was fun talking to him. Earlier Rick said that we need to have a campus cook-out. We do have a great group here and we need to take more time to spend time with each other doing fun things and chatting it up. So this evening in the cafeteria I was reminded of how many good friends we really do have here in North Carolina. And that's a good thing.

5. Today had lots of great moments actually. I talked to Jeff on the phone and the $1000 is in the mail; I talked to Tami (my sister)  for awhile and that's always just so fun; Sue Nelson sent Jace a gift card for Dunkin Donuts so I took him. He bought one donut. With sprinkles. And it was priceless watching him figure out just what he wanted. Gosh I love that kid so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diamonds Everywhere

I read a study recently that said that greatest single indicator of a long life well-lived is deep social connections. Of course, there are...