Friday, February 8, 2013

Day 60: The Joy of Comments

1) So I can't help but say one of the absolute best things about today? Reading all of the comments that Lori wrote on my blog! She comments every time she reads one and I love that. Of course, Lori, you're probably the only one who reads this but...that's ok. I do appreciate that you take the time to leave a little note. :)

2) Today Roy had a doctor's appointment. He goes every six months for a skin check since the melanoma drama. It always makes him nervous as it's rare he walks away without them finding something--even if it's small. And today was no different. Dr. Rackoff cut off a mole from his arm that she thought looked suspicious. But the good news is: it's not melanoma. At worst, it's just a type of ulcerous cancer that irritates. But when she doesn't find anything that resembles melanoma? That always makes me happy.

3) Today I organized my files--well, almost. I still have an hour left to get it completely finished, but I'm almost there! Oh. My. Goodness. It's a great feeling. I've needed to organize these files all year. I threw away several folders and combined some as I had several of the same (you know--like 3 folders that say 'Winter Dreams Quiz.') So just walking in my office feels much more refreshing now.

4) Lori told me about a new series that she really likes called Scandal. And I started it today. Oh wow--what a great show! Now that I'm caught up with Downton Abbey, I need another series to take its place and I do believe I've found it--though they aren't even remotely similar. But it's so well done. I'm amazed at the creativity of people--how they come up with these plot lines and such. It's remarkable.

5) I exercised today!! 20 minutes on the elliptical. I felt so good afterward--energized--and I accomplished so much! I made a huge bowl of grapefruit-orange, folded the laundry and put it away--all after 8:00. That's pretty rare for me. So now? I just need to keep it up!

6) My family is happy today: Roy went out with Rick for some guy time, Darian has a friend over to watch some Downton Abbey, and Jace is on cloud nine because Harrison will be spending every Monday and Wednesday with us through basketball season. Savana had some drama today but she has rallied and Guerin is joining her at Southern on Friday for the eweekend so...everybody is in a good spot. I like that.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! Dad's cancer free! And I COMMENT! Not just Lori. So....give me some attention. :) Way to be on that eliptical mom! That's awesome. I love that thing. It's so chill! haha.

    ReplyDelete

Diamonds Everywhere

I read a study recently that said that greatest single indicator of a long life well-lived is deep social connections. Of course, there are...