Saturday, February 9, 2013
Day 61: I Love Fridays
I love Fridays. I think it just might be my favorite day of the week.
1) My freshmen were in top form today. They were relaxed and happy and every single one of them read a book during independent reading time. I don't remember that ever happening in my life! Normally someone forgets theirs...or asks if they can do homework...or tries to sleep...But not today. Love these freshmen.
2) Rick asked me to join in on a phone conference with David from 3W--the company that we are joining hands with to get students from China. It was so so so exciting! We have been approved and so now we just have to sign the contract and preparation will begin to send kids our way. Spectacular news. Why? Because I am now officially full-time for next year. Yay!!!!!!
3) The guy who put our stereo in our car came and replaced it with a new one so now I can talk hands free on my cell phone or listen to music that is on my cell, etc. Since we've purchased this car, that aspect of the stereo hasn't worked--except for the first couple of weeks. So I am just so happy to have it back. And the icing on the cake? The backup camera comes up immediately instead of having to wait for the stereo to cycle through. Love it.
4) Roy finished the stereo that he has been working on in the gym. He took me down to show it to me and, once again, I stand amazed at this man and his talents. How he has the ability to fix anything and everything astounds me. This system was completely demolished by the previous pe teacher. It's worth several thousand dollars which, of course, means we don't have the money to replace it. So Roy asked for $1000 to fix it...and then he did. I could never begin to effectively put into words what all he has done: rebuilt the carrying box, wired in extra jacks, etc. He has spent countless hours on this stereo but now it looks and sounds brand new. It is amazing.
5) I have almond milk in my frig, the car is filled with gas, my house is clean, I found a 'new' lamp for my living room and it creates a really nice ambiance, and life is good on February 8, 2013.
I read a study recently that said that greatest single indicator of a long life well-lived is deep social connections. Of course, there are...
I don’t have great hair. Never have. My hair is fine and blonde and thin. I have to work hard to make my hair look decent or else it sticks...
When Roy and I found out we were moving to Texas, we began diligently searching Trulia and Zillow and realtor.com. You know...house hunting....
In quiet moments when I am just hanging out, or taking a break, I resort to social media. I can mindlessly scroll for hours. It annoys ...