Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 62: Dreams

I am writing this on Monday morning...but yesterday was just such a spectacular day that I want to give it the credit it is due. First of all, Roy and Darian were gone Friday and Saturday on a gymnastics tour and didn't get home until 1:00 Sunday morning. I had company all of Saturday after church--Tina, Guerin, Lillian, Spen, Nick Cord,  Zach & Riley. It was such a fun fun day. But anyway, Roy and I got up at 7:00 Sunday morning and headed out by 8 to look at a touring motorcycle that was 310 miles away. Quite the jaunt but it was just so much fun. We talked the entire way--he caught me up on every detail of the tour, I told him about my two days, and I don't know what else--but there was rarely silence. It was just so. much. fun.

And then we arrived at that place--I don't remember the name of the town but it is on the outskirts of Myrtle Beach. When we both saw that motorcycle, we couldn't believe it. It was almost too good to be true. Honestly--it's beautiful. Immaculate condition with every bell and whistle imaginable. Prior to looking for a motorcycle, I wouldn't even know what that means but I've become a bit more educated as Roy has eaten, slept, and breathed motorcycles for the past few months. And the price is unbelievable. So? We didn't bring it home but it's ours and we'll pick it up over spring break. I Can't Wait.

A whole new Seals era begins. :)

And then when we got home, Jace and Darian had so many stories so there was endless chatter. And Anna called Darian and offered her a job with magabooking as a leader. She was giddy with excitement so...my bet is, camp is off and magabooking is on. She's such a trouper and I think she'll be spectacular as a leader.

So this day reminded me of dreams and how we all have them. Sometimes they get buried beneath the day to day living but when we manage to find them, peeking up their heads, well...they make life worthwhile.

1 comment:

  1. You stud! You and dad are going to be looking so badass in that motorcycle!!
    Glad you had fun on Saturday. Thanks for housing all my dearly beloveds!
    Dreams are so great. Love them. Love that I'm living in my prime and fulfilling my dreams!

    ReplyDelete

Diamonds Everywhere

I read a study recently that said that greatest single indicator of a long life well-lived is deep social connections. Of course, there are...