Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Day 58: Work Stuff

1) Today I am thankful for Olive Garden salad dressing. We buy it at Sam's and it is divine. So every day for lunch I have a huge salad: croutons, rings of onions, and a salad concoction heaped in a large bowl and topped with that little bit of perfection. Yum.

2) This morning Laurie came to my office and showed me -- yet again -- how to complete some 'jobs'  for alumni ie make a query and other such foreign tasks. She is always so patient and willing and helpful. And I am always thankful for that. She also gave me a heads up on some things I need to start considering in preparation for alumni weekend. The good news? I'm caught up on some things I was procrastinating due to ignorance. The bad news? My 'to do' list seems to be lengthening with each passing day. But that's okay. I'm thankful I have a job. :)

3) Today was our first school-improvement committee meeting. I can't exactly say I'm a fan of meetings...but I'm excited about this committee. I think we definitely have a chance to make some positive changes in our ever-evolving culture. And so many intelligent people sit on the committee. So, I'm looking forward to being a part and making a difference.

4) I spent quite a bit of time with Tammy today! She helped with alumni so we got several things accomplished on that end and then she was in the committee meeting with me--and filled me in on some things that didn't make sense. Anyway--it was good to see her and have some time together--even if it was centered around work!

5) It was a beautiful day outside. I love that.

2 comments:

  1. I opened up the windows this evening and the temperature was just right for a cool breeze. Although I am NOT ready for winter, I do love beautiful days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4: Glad it was centered around work! You're amazing! That committee sounds awfully boring, but also interesting! Way to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Diamonds Everywhere

I read a study recently that said that greatest single indicator of a long life well-lived is deep social connections. Of course, there are...