Sunday, November 17, 2013

My Thankful November

It is almost Thanksgiving--that time of the year when we are given opportunity to stop and reflect on the fact that we have so much to be grateful for. So here's my 31 days of thankfulness list:

I am thankful for....
my family who brings me so many good, good things: Roy with his wit; Savana with her exuberance; Darian with her kind, accepting manner; Jace with his deep thoughts about life
crisp apples with caramel
a future that beckons
crackling fires
my iPad that I use way more than I should
such amazing friends that bring laughter and joy and empathy into my life: Dee who knows me like the back of her hand and Tammy who helps me solve all of life's problems and Raylene who is just so tender and precious and Estee Marie who has such depth and kindness and so many, many more--
the Internet
the upcoming holiday season which includes the Lewis fam and my mom travelling here in a week (can't wait)
my dad my dad my dad my dad my dad
Skype
my sisters whom I love so so so dearly: Lori who has such leadership and depth; Tami who is always game for a social event and has this way of just accepting anybody. If I was stranded on a deserted island with either of them, I would be content.
Barnes and Noble
my pets that live in the moment and enjoy life with no expectation
chai tea every morning
the mountains of North Carolina that leave me breathless
long motorcycle rides clinging to the Husband
Dr. Pepper every day--with a marachino cherry on top
deep soulful conversations that leave me aching for more about who God is
early morning or late night talks with Roy where we reach deep and are just so thankful we have each other
my oh-so-adorable mother who loves her her kids so much
my fish tank
teenagers--all of them--because they bring laughter and exasperation, sometimes at the same time, yet they never fail to remind me of what sheer potential looks like
Facebook which has given me the gift of staying in touch with so many, many people whom I have had the blessing of getting to know in my lifetime
comfort foods such as cheesy, saucy lasagna and enchiladas and mac & cheese and chips & salsa...Oh my goodness. This list could go forever.
early morning hours when it is just me
bubble baths on Friday nights when an entire weekend looms before me, brighter than the sun
family dinners around the table, filled with laughter and conversation
a good book that I wish would never end
that perfect pair of jeans and worn tshirt that I could wear every single day

life -- and the knowledge that it's whatever I choose to make it.










3 comments:

  1. This is such a great list :) I loved reading it....but the first thing was my favorite ;)

    I am so so thankful for YOU Mom, with your always-listening ear, trustworthy advice, acceptance, openness, and so much more. Can't wait for break with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! This is INCREDIBLE and I feel so honored to have made the list!!! You know I love you more than Diet Dr. Pepper, and that's saying a lot! YMP and that won't change! <3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful list!! After the first few I was thinking "I want to make a list too!" By the end I just wanted to reread yours and cut and paste it. :) Your gratitude heart shines out.

    ReplyDelete

Diamonds Everywhere

I read a study recently that said that greatest single indicator of a long life well-lived is deep social connections. Of course, there are...