Saturday, October 27, 2012

Day 8: Texts and Such

Moment #1: This morning I taught Sabbath School here at the Pisgah church and then I zipped over to Foster with Darian as Savana, Guerin, Drew and Ryan led song service. Can I just say...I could listen to these kids sing every day, all day...for the rest of my life? Oh. My. Goodness. Such passion. It was ... spectacular. And honestly, it gave me so much pride and joy that it was enough for a week and some left over. I didn't sing. I just listened. Wholeheartedly.
                                   


Moment #2: I had a bunch of people over for lunch today: Louie & Nancy Parra, Drew, Ryan, Guerin, and then, of course, the 5 of us. Our table holds six comfortably, so Roy said we should eat in the living room. But I love the coziness of being around a table. It brings connection and laughter and conversation. And so that's what we did: all ten of us scrunched around the table. There wasn't much space between us--four on each side, two on each end. But it was perfect. I love teenage boys--always have. They are so funny--overgrown boys trying to be men and failing miserably. So they kept us entertained. And then once the kids left for the living room to continue their antics elsewhere, we adults stayed at the table and chatted it up. I love the Parras. They're so kind and accepting. It made for lots of joy.


Moment #3: This evening my sister Lori texted me. We exchanged texts for quite some time--deep, philosophical texts about who God is. And it gave me joy as I love talking about God. I love asking the deeper questions and surmising about the different possibilities. I am no longer content with 'pat' answers. But I love this new 'space' I'm in. So that conversation today? It made me think. And it gave me joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diamonds Everywhere

I read a study recently that said that greatest single indicator of a long life well-lived is deep social connections. Of course, there are...