Friday, October 26, 2012

Day 7: Fabulous Fridays

I love Fridays. It is absolutely my favorite day of the workweek. Everyone seems a little lighter; happier. And it is an easy day for me. I only teach one forty minute class and then the remainder of the day is all mine. Delightful.

But today? That moment that I wait for in all of my classes happened: we clicked. It's like suddenly everyone gets me and I get them. They know my expectations and they know the boundaries. And I know them--like them. It all comes together and we're ready to fly. It's exciting. And truly--it's what makes me love teaching.

Secondly we (Roy, Jace me) went to Barnes & Noble. How I love that store. It's a slice of heaven. I could spend hours there--days even. I never tire of looking at all of the books, the journals. But mostly the books. So many titles pique my interest. And even Jace has discovered the beauty of B&N. Of course, he wants to buy everything he sees...or rather, he wants me to buy it. But nonetheless, it was so much fun and it brought me all kinds of joy.

And thirdly? I cooked this evening and am all ready for lunch tomorrow. Back in the day, I faithfully prepared my Sabbath meal on Fridays; but for the past couple of years, I am more likely to come home from church and throw haystacks together or spaghetti. But Savana came home and wanted stuffed shells. And naturally she has friends that she wants to come over. And then Roy suggested that we invite some friends as well and...rather than being stressed tomorrow morning...I decided to cook this evening. So I put on Pandora, listened to Christian music, and prepared the shells and the garlic bread. For a moment I considered being irritated that the girls weren't around to help me but then I decided I didn't want to ruin my happy mood and I quickly reovered. So now here I am--all ready for tomorrow. So in the morning I can get up, drink some Chai, and have some quiet time before the day begins. Ahhh....bliss.


“Now may every living thing, young or old,
weak or strong, living near or far, known or
unknown, living or departed or yet unborn,
may every living thing be full of bliss.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Diamonds Everywhere

I read a study recently that said that greatest single indicator of a long life well-lived is deep social connections. Of course, there are...