Saturday, March 5, 2016

Bring It On

This morning when I let Piper out, I spied a splash of red in our barren bush that sits on top of the hill in our yard. It grabbed my attention and so I looked a little closer and realized it is a cardinal. A stunning cardinal.

Spring.

I am ready.

I am ready for bursting flowers and vibrant green again. I am excited for thunderstorms and sunshine on my face and the promise of wedding bells in our very near future. I can't wait to envelop Darian in my arms because she is actually standing in front of me instead of on my computer screen that flits in and out because of a poor connection.

Carefree rides on the motorcycle, the wind whipping all of my cares away.

Barbecues on the deck.

Short sleeves even though we have a love/hate relationship these days.

My worn pink flip flops that are actually Darian's. I bought them for her one summer and then she left them here accidentally and I stole them. At this point, she will never get them back. And frankly, she wouldn't want them.

Juicy watermelon from the farmer's market along with cantaloupe, all squared up in a bowl, marinating together.

Ball with Piper while I hang on my swing that is falling apart and the stuffing is hanging out but, hey, it still swings so oh well.

Long evenings where the sun sets past my bedtime.

Meandering walks down Holcombe Cove Road.

And that road?

It is just as quaint and peaceful with its winding curves and cattle grazing fields as its name implies.

2 comments:

  1. I am with you Vonda, I can't wait for nicer weather! When is Darian coming home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two and a half months. Love you! Can't wait to see you in person so soon.

    ReplyDelete

Diamonds Everywhere

I read a study recently that said that greatest single indicator of a long life well-lived is deep social connections. Of course, there are...