Friday, September 15, 2017

An Honest Review of Monat

I don’t have great hair. Never have. My hair is fine and blonde and thin. I have to work hard to make my hair look decent or else it sticks to my head and I look bald.

No, really. I just don’t have good hair.

I wash my hair every other day, and on the second day, I wet it down, add product (again) and then blow dry, curl…the works. And if I go to bed with wet hair? Oh my word. When I wake up, I wet it down and start all over because my hair is CRAZY.

I usually use 2 products to style my hair — a volumizer and mousse. Every day.

For the past year, I’ve become concerned that my hair is thinning. Now this is a serious problem — for obvious reasons. And so this past May, when I got my hair cut, I complained to London (this absolutely adorable girl who cuts my hair), and she said, “You need to look into buying Monat. I recently started using it and I have really thin hair and it has totally turned my hair around.” But when she told me the price ($84), I was deterred.

No thanks. I’ll just live with my thinning, fine hair.

When I went to London again in July, she washed my hair with Monat as she had become a big believer in the product and now sells it. 

And my hair felt amazing. Not only that, but I didn’t wash it for the following two days. And it still felt amazing.

Previously, I noticed that Mary Jean Rogge, one of my students from Wisconsin and a FB friend, was selling Monat. And so, as Roy was concerned about a receding hairline and Monat boasts to help with that, I reached out. About a week later, I received a bottle of Monat in the mail. 

And folks, I am a believer. I will use Monat for the rest of my life. And here’s why:
  1. My hair feels amazing. I only use one product from Monat now and I only have to use it on the first day. 
  2. I only wash my hair every three days. I know that sounds like….whattt????….but my hair feels clean and fresh every one of those three days. I’m not kidding. It’s amazing.
  3. I actually have new hair growing in. I can see baby hairs in the places where before it seemed my hair was thinning. And Roy? Same story. His receding hairline is filling in.
  4. And here’s the best part: If I wash my hair at night, add some Monat hair cream and tie my hair up in a bun on top of my head (sounds a little whack, I know), when I wake up in the morning, take out the tie and shake my head….I can virtually walk away and my hair looks like I styled it. The photo below is proof: I added about 4 curls in the front with my hot iron. Otherwise? I didn’t blow dry it. I didn’t add any product — that’s how I woke up. And folks, THAT IS SLEEPING WITH WET HAIR! Day 2 and Day 3? Nothing. I just run my fingers through my hair and go.

My hair will never be great hair — but my hair is the best it has ever been in my life. 

Now let me say, if you decide to purchase it, your hair may go through a detox period. This isn’t fun. I lost hair in handfuls. But just be persistent…it takes a few weeks and then one day you will wake up…and you will love your hair.

As for the cost? Roy and I are both using one bottle of Monat. We started using it on August 5 and today is September 15. We have at least half a bottle left. That means one person could use it for almost 4 months, according to my calculations. So even though the initial cost is high, overall it’s not bad at all.


And just an FYI: I don’t sell it. This is an honest review. And if you want to give it a go, Mary Jean Rogge is your girl.

(Photo #1 - This is me before Monat with 2 types of hair product and a different hairstyle...but it's what I got.)

(Photo #2 - This is a recent photo when I washed my hair at night with Monat, slept on it wet, and barely touched up my hair with a hot iron -- no product, no blow dryer.)

(Photo #3 - On my third day! I just simply got up, threw on some make-up, and here I am. And BTW, I clearly stink at selfies...)






1 comment:

  1. well you look adorable in all three pictures :) Sounds great though..

    ReplyDelete

Diamonds Everywhere

I read a study recently that said that greatest single indicator of a long life well-lived is deep social connections. Of course, there are...