Sunday, June 14, 2015

Every Day, All Day, Forever

As of Saturday evening at 5:15, we are officially home from a fun-soaked week in Palm Coast, Florida at an oceanside resort.

I have the post-vacation blues.

Don't get me wrong. It feels good to be home. I was so happy to see Piper and took some time to play ball with him so he would remember how incredible I am. And it was good to see Guer and Savana as I gorged on her salt & pepper popcorn that is divine as everything she cooks is divine. It was good to see little Sparti who cuddled up on my lap and snuggled right in for longer than usual. And it was so good to sleep on my mattress that doesn't have potholes that I roll into whether I want to or not. We hung outside on the swing for a bit and Karen and John strolled by then came over and hung out. That was fun--until it rained and forced us back inside while they dashed for their own home. Life is good here and the normalcy of our routine and even the mundane of our regular leave us with nothing to complain about.

But after 7 days with family--the ones who know me best and love me anyway...after 7 days of sun and beach and ocean and Indian restaurants and games and cappuccino on the porch in the mornings and sunrises and platters of nachos and Mexican restaurants and Rumikub and strolls along the beach at sunset and Disney Quest and laughter and nephews and nieces and Jurassic World and watermelon and swimming with dolphins and jet skiing and Olive Garden and sand between my toes...well, after all of that I decided that I was created for that sort of life every day, all day, forever.











3 comments:

  1. No. You must bring them here instead and be here, every day, all day, forever. I missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you. That's the life for me. What a perfect week. One of the greatest memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did not mention Indian food on our last walk. I'm putting it on our agenda..... P.S. The beach is too far away. We need you here.

    ReplyDelete

Diamonds Everywhere

I read a study recently that said that greatest single indicator of a long life well-lived is deep social connections. Of course, there are...