Sunday, January 4, 2015

Cornbread Recipe

Debbie Fisher's Cornbread Recipe

2 c cornmeal
2 c flour
4 t baking powder
1/2 c sugar
2 t salt
1 t baking soda
1/2 c oil
3 c buttermilk (or milk mixed with lemon juice)
4 eggs

Bake in 9x13 at 400 for 30 minutes or 'til golden.

I have experimented with a variety of things and it always turns out good. It works well with unsweetened almond milk as we don't typically buy milk around here. And if you leave out the lemon juice, just leave out the baking soda. I've used whole grain cornmeal and that's good too--just gives it a heartier texture. I usually cut the recipe in half for our family so that we don't have leftovers, and I bake it in a cast iron skillet. But regardless of how you choose to bake it, it's delicious! Anyway--it's our fave! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Diamonds Everywhere

I read a study recently that said that greatest single indicator of a long life well-lived is deep social connections. Of course, there are...